Shopping in Birmingham
Combine a shopping trip to Birmingham with a Staying Cool apartment. Rotunda is right at the centre of the city. Staying in one of our stylish apartments for your Birmingham city breaks makes shopping a real pleasure.
- Selfridges and The Bullring are on your doorstep
- You are a short walk away from Grand Central*, the biggest John Lewis outside London* and The Mailbox (hello, Harvey Nichols!)
- An oasis of calm. Your chic serviced apartment is the perfect place to recharge your batteries
- Location, location, location. Drop your shopping back at your apartment, unwind with a cup of tea (or a glass of champagne) and then get back out there
- Enjoy the shops in the evening when most people have gone home. Beat the crowds
- Birmingham has so much to offer in the way of retail therapy from high-end fashion to funky independent stores. Check out Shopping in Birmingham for the full breakdown
* John Lewis and Grand Central open late September 2015
This stunning city has beautiful streets, squares, stores and is one of the UK's top destinations for retail therapy. In fact, there are so many shops here that one weekend will never be enough to browse the many rails, displays and store fronts! Whether you're after clothing, jewellery, shoes, accessories or homewares, it's all here in Birmingham.
Bullring has over 160 stylish shops for you to explore including Apple, Debenhams, Selfridges and Zara (and they're right outside our front door at Rotunda).
Selfridges Birmingham is all that you would expect from such an amazing store and the space-age exterior is seriously photogenic.
The Mailbox was once the site of the Royal Mail's main sorting office for Birmingham. It now plays host to a sprawling Harvey Nichols (newly refurbished in 2015) with a great spa and salon. The Mailbox is fantastic for drinking and dining as it has a wealth of bars and restaurants, many of which sit right on the canal.
Grand Central opens in late September 2015. It's a hot new destination for shopping and eating out in Birmingham. It includes John Lewis's biggest store outside London. Grand Central is just a couple of minutes away from our apartments. We're very excited about our new neighbours.
The Pavilions is situated on Birmingham's High Street and houses a wealth of top-name stores including M&S, H&M and L'Occitane as well as some lovely independent boutiques.
Birmingham's Jewellery Quarter is the UK's jewellery hub. It's home to some wonderful designers and is an excellent place to head for if jewellery is your passion.
Looking for something unique? Head down to The Custard Factory to discover Birmingham's seriously cool, designer side. The Great Western Arcade is an architectural gem with lots of excellent independent retailers.