Serviced Apartments Vs Hotels
Staying Cool at the Rotunda is sometimes described as a boutique apart hotel, although we tend to use serviced apartments to describe what we do. At Staying Cool, we aim to take the best of what hotels have to offer (with a focus on design, great service and a non-corporate, funky feel) and combine that with the space and privacy of apartments. Whatever your budget you are sure to find a great apartment to suit your needs.
What's the difference between a serviced apartment and a hotel?
With living spaces and well-equipped kitchens, serviced apartments offer so much more flexibility and privacy than a hotel.
In fact, Staying Cool at the Rotunda is consistently number one on TripAdvisor for hotels in Birmingham thanks to reviews from happy guests.
Serviced apartments give you the space you need. They offer, on average, 30% more space than hotel rooms. That's a lot more square footage to relax in. A serviced apartment also has kitchen facilities giving you the ability to self cater whether you are staying for one night, a week or a month. Choosing a serviced apartments versus a hotel gives you the ultimate flexible experience.
What can you expect as a guest if you've never stayed with Staying Cool before? Here are six things to get you started:
1. You will be well looked after. Making guests happy is at the heart of everything we do and we've won awards for our customer service. We are founts of local knowledge and happy to help with advice on the best places to go in the city, restaurant recommendations/bookings and so on.
2. You can travel light. We have thought long and hard about what might make your life easier. Towelling robes and fluffy white towels? Check. Toiletries and aromatherapy spa products? Check. Fresh coffee for the Illy espresso machine? Check. Oranges for the juicer? Check. We could go on for quite some time on this topic...
3. You will feel at home. Nobody wants to miss their creature comforts so we've installed a top-of-the-range Sky TV package plus fast, reliable Wi-Fi. These are free to use for the whole of your stay. You'll also have your very own washing machine, iron and ironing board should you need to use them.
4. You can choose how you dine. Prepare a meal in our well-equipped Poggenpohl kitchen, order in a takeaway, or dine out in one of many local restaurants – whatever takes your fancy. If you do go down the takeaway route you will have a dining space and cutlery - unlike when you stay in a hotel room.
5. You get your privacy. Bed hair? You can enjoy breakfast in the privacy of your own apartment whenever you roll out of bed. We'll stock your apartment with complimentary extras such as Rude Health cereals, fresh milk, squeezing oranges and excellent tea and coffee. You can also pre-order breakfast packs from our Food and Drink list if you would like something different.
6. You don’t have to do the chores. Your (extremely comfortable, king-size) bed will be made up for you before you arrive and you don't need to clean or tidy a thing before you check out.
To book, simply enter your dates in the booking panel and review the choice of accommodation available. Add-ons such as car parking or champagne on arrival can also be booked at this time, or you can always add these later. If you need any help with your booking or have any questions do not hesitate to contact us and we will be happy to help you.