13 Cool Things to Do in Birmingham This Summer
Tuesday June 30, 2015
Here are 13 fabulous events you can enjoy this July and August in Birmingham. Some of them are both fabulous and free...
1) Colmore Food Festival (Friday 3rd- Saturday 4th July)
Meander from stall to stall in Victoria Square and enjoy some truly excellent food and drink.
2) UK Athletics Championships and Trials (Friday 3rd-Sunday 5th July)
Bring back happy memories of the London Olympics.
3) International Jazz and Blues Festival (Friday 3rd-Sunday 12th July)
This huge festival fills the venues (and streets) of Birmingham with music from all over the world.
4) Brindley Place Film Festival (Tuesday 14th-Thursday 23rd July)
Outdoor film festival. Enjoy gems such as Clueless, Independence Day and Finding Nemo.
5) JQ Festival (Friday 17th-Sunday 19th July)
New festival celebrating Birmingham's historic (and rather groovy) Jewellery Quarter
6) Shock and Gore (Friday 17th-Thursday 23rd July)
Fantastic film festival from the Electric Cinema with a firm focus on horror and fantasy.
7) One Beat Festival (Saturday 25th-Sunday 26th July)
Love discovering new music? One Beat presents the best new and breakthrough bands in the UK.
8) Simmer Down (Sunday 19th July)
Reggae orientated music and arts festival for all the family in Handsworth Park.
9) Cricket - Ashes Series - England versus Australia (Wednesday, 29th July to Sunday, 2nd August) Is anything more pleasant than watching cricket in England on a summer's day?
10) Color Run (Saturday August 15th)
Photogenic fun run.
11) Cricket - 120 Blast Finals Day (Sunday, 23rd August)
Enjoy a perfect Sunday of cricket at Edgbaston.
12) Fusion Fest (Friday August 29th-Sunday 30th August)
Justin Bieber hits Birmingham alongside Ella Henderson, Rudimental, Tinie Tempeh, The Vamps, Labrinth, Clean Bandit and many more.
13) Summer in Southside (Saturday 29th-Sunday 30th August)
Outdoor family fun from the team at the Birmingham Hippodrome. Bringing the streets alive.
Images courtesy of Pixabay
As you can see there is an enormous amount happening in Birmingham this summer.If you want to make the most of it then why not stay with us at our serviced apartments?
SPECIAL OFFER: Use booking code MOREBIRMINGHAM via our website and we will have a chilled bottle of champagne waiting for you in your chic apartment on arrival. Valid for stays up to and including August 31st, 2015.
- Number one on TripAdvisor for Birmingham
- Stellar location right at the heart of the city
- Easily walkable from both of the city's main train stations
- Stylish accommodation in an iconic building