Getting hygge at Staying Cool
Thursday November 3, 2016
Hygge is a word that’s all over the media at the moment. This small (and challenging to pronounce) word has swept in from Denmark to remind us all to ‘live well and live simply’. We don’t talk much about our ethos at Staying Cool, but talking about the hygge craze made us think that perhaps we should do it a little more. These are things that struck us as hygge at Staying Cool:
- Our Birmingham apartments look good and feel good. Our co-founder Paul Taylor designs every one of them and seamlessly transforms every space into an oasis of calm.
- Let there be light. The design of our apartments with their huge windows means that they are filled with light. In our larger apartments, you can stay in bed, throw open the windows and watch birds wheeling through the sky.
- We like to make guests smile. We’re always coming up with little surprises for guests ranging from chocolate treats at Christmas to ice lollies popped in their freezers on blazing hot days.
- Relaxation is key to hygge. Our guests really can make themselves at home thanks to massive beds, board games, dining tables, books , kitchens, SKY TV and sofas.
- Things matter to us beyond the bottom line. For instance, we care about the environment, so we provide Ecover goodies for our guests and we invested in a method of cleaning nicknamed ‘magic water’ that wipes out the need to clean with chemicals. We feel that adds to the positive feel of our apartments.
- Our apartments look wonderful on any Instagram feed, but we believe that it’s our service that makes people come back time and time again. We give a warm welcome and we’ve built a team for whom nothing is too much.
- We are seriously into detail. Every single item in our serviced apartments - from the espresso machines to the oven gloves to the lighting – is chosen (after serious research) because it performs well and is a great design. As a result, our apartments look great and work well too.
Come and escape for a while with us in Birmingham.