Combine a trip to Birmingham with a Staying Cool serviced apartment and you could not be more centrally located for shopping in Birmingham. Zara is actually on our ground floor! Rotunda is located right in the heart of the city centre, surrounded by shops, within the Bullring shopping area and next door to the swanky Grand Central.
We’re just yards from the world’s biggest Lush and the world’s biggest Primark. The Mailbox (hello, Harvey Nicholls!) is only a hop, skip and a jump away too. Staying in one of our stylish apartments for your Birmingham city break makes shopping in Birmingham a real pleasure.
Shopping in Birmingham – the low down
Shopping in Birmingham has so much to offer in the way of retail therapy from high-end fashion to funky independent stores. From big-name brands to small independents and markets, Birmingham has it all.
These are Birmingham’s main shopping centres:
Right on our doorstep, the mighty Bullring has over 200 shops for you to explore including cool brands such as Arket, Cos, Ted Baker and Reiss. Shop until you drop!
We call this our corner shop as it’s so close to us! Selfridges Birmingham is all that you would expect from such a world-class department store and the space-age exterior is seriously photogenic. The Beauty Hall is particularly special with luxe brands such as Anastasia Beverly Hill, Charlotte Tilbury, La Mer and Tom Ford. If you want a quick bite to eat then the Selfridges Food Hall has a great selection.
The Mailbox was once the site of the Royal Mail’s main sorting office for Birmingham. It now plays host to tres chic Harvey Nichols with a great spa and salon. The Mailbox is fantastic for dining or enjoying a cocktail, as it has a wealth of bars and restaurants, many of which sit right on the canal.
Grand Central is one of Birmingham’s newest destinations for shopping and eating out in Birmingham. It includes John Lewis’s biggest store outside London. You’ll also find brands such as Hobbs and The White Company here. The views from our apartments overlooking Grand Central really are spectacular, especially by night.
Birmingham’s Independent spirit
Birmingham has a thriving independent retail scene. We give guests an Independent Birmingham Card to use during their stay so that they can make savings and enjoy special offers when they are shopping in Birmingham. Check out our guide to 48 Hours With Independent Birmingham for some food and drink recommendations too.
Birmingham’s Jewellery Quarter is the UK’s jewellery hub. It’s home to some wonderful designers and a very characterful, historic area of Birmingham to visit.
The Custard Factory
Looking for something unique? Head down to The Custard Factory to discover Birmingham’s cool, designer side. The factory was built by Alfie Bird to produce Bird’s Custard at the turn of the 20th century. The buildings now house indy businesses such as the Sarah Preisler Gallery.
Great Western Arcade
The Great Western Arcade is an architectural gem with lots of excellent independent retailers, cafes and restaurants (we especially love Loki). You can see the GWA in our header image.
Six reasons why you should choose our serviced apartments for your Birmingham shopping trip
- You are located right in the heart of one of the biggest shopping areas in Europe. Big brands, high street stores as well as independent shops and markets nestle side by side
- There are over 1,000 shops on your doorstep. Will a weekend Birmingham city break be long enough..?!
- You can drop your bags off while you shop. Leave them at reception and we’ll take them up to your apartment for you
- After a long day of shopping, a chic serviced apartment in Birmingham is the perfect place to recharge your batteries. Unwind with a cup of tea or a glass of champagne
- Another great thing about being located so centrally is that you can enjoy the shops in the evening right up to closing time when most people have headed home. This means that you can enjoy a leisurely lie-in and not have to rush out to beat the crowds
- If outlet shopping appeals then you are only a three-minute walk from Moor Street Station for a one-hour train journey to Bicester North for Bicester Village