Check-in & Check-out
Check-in is at 15:00 (3pm). However, if you arrive in Birmingham earlier, you are very welcome to drop your bags off with us at Reception at any time after 08:00 (8am).
Check-out is noon. Feel free to leave your bags with us at Reception (available from 08:00 onwards) for the rest of the day.
Yes you may well be able to check-in earlier or later! Please get in touch in advance and we will do our very best to accommodate you. The only caveat is that as we tend to be fully booked a lot of the time, it may not be possible to let you know until your arrival day. Please be aware late check-outs and early check-ins are rarely possible on Saturdays due to the tight turnaround time.
You just need to bring two things to check-in:
- the credit/debit card you used to pay when booking (or will use if you have chosen to pay on arrival)
- one form of photo ID (your driving licence or passport).
- To check-in you first need to enter the building. There is a pad to the right of the entrance door for the Rotunda. Please press the bell button, so that we can let you in.
- You collect your keys from one of our team at reception in the lobby.
- The security tag attached to your key fob will allow you 24-hour access from then on.
- You can check in anytime from 15:00 (3pm) – sometimes earlier – and, of course, you can leave your bags with us at reception anytime from 08:00.
- For those of you who took advantage of our cheaper Pay Now rates, we will need to see the card you used to pay with online, along with your photo ID.
- All other bookings must present photo ID and a credit card for payment.
- Please note that we are unable to accept cash payments at Rotunda (but you can pay by BACS in advance or on the day or indeed take cash to a bank and pay it into our account – please contact us for details).
If you are arriving at Rotunda late, although the building is staffed 24/7, our Guest Relations team finishes at 22:00. It would be helpful to us to know if you are arriving after this time, so we can ensure that your check-in with our building’s security team is as smooth as possible. Thank you.
COVID-19 Safety Measures and Birmingham
We have devoured all government and tourism sector guidance for serviced accommodation and put in place many new measures relating to additional and new cleaning protocols, social distancing and more contact free services. You can read all about specific measures we are taking. We have also signed up to Visit England’s Good to Go scheme for added peace of mind.
Absolutely yes! The restrictions that have been imposed on the city of Birmingham only relate to domestic households and not to hotels and aparthotels like Rotunda. Our serviced apartments sleep two to four people, depending on your choice of apartment type and as long as you are from the same household or bubble you can come and stay. Shops, bars and restaurants are all open and many of the city’s fantastic cultural offerings are either already open or about to open.
In these COVID times we recommend you book your table for both drinks/food (last bookings are generally for 9pm) and don’t forget each member of your group will need to complete NHS track and trace details.
Here are the directions to get to Rotunda from both New Street and Moor Street stations. They are both less than a four-minute walk away.
- From New Street Station, once through the ticket barriers follow the signs for Moor Street and Bullring. This route will bring you past the back of our circular building which you will spot has black Bullring branding across the top (Rotunda is part of the Bullring estate). When at the base of the building (the large round tower), walk up the steps and follow the tower around to the left, past Zara. Our entrance is immediately next door.
- From Moor Street Station, cross the road out of the station towards the shops and turn to your left. You will see a ramp that will take you past ARKET and up into Rotunda Square. In front of you is Zara. We are next door to Zara (to the right).
Getting to Rotunda on foot is super easy. Rotunda has been described as ‘the pin in the centre of the map of Birmingham’.
Our building entrance is on the pedestrianised part of New Street, right next to the main Bullring shopping centre entrance.
Now that’s super-central!
To get to Rotunda by car, enter postcode B2 4BB into your sat nav or Google Map.
Just follow the signs for Debenhams and park as close to the lift-lobby as you can. Then take the lift to level 2. Once you come out of the lift head for Gap (on your left). With Gap on your left, walk straight ahead and exit the Bullring.
You will see the Bronze Bull in front of you and the Rotunda entrance is directly ahead (on your left) between Zara Women and Carphone Warehouse.
If you’re arriving by taxi or want to unload your luggage, our nearest drop-off point is on Worcester Street (Sat nav postcode B2 4BB) which is at the back of Rotunda near its loading area and an unofficial drop off area for New Street Station.
Please note, some guests have reported that drivers may be hesitant to drive to this area as it is marked “Access only” but access only is exactly what you want and it is perfectly legal to drive here.
We recommend the Bullring Centre parking option:
- We don’t have parking on site, but we offer discounted rates of £15 per night in any of the Bullring shopping centre’s car parks. The closest of these is the Bullring Centre car park, which can be accessed on Smallbrook Queensway (Sat Nav/Google Maps postcode B5 4BU).
- When you check-in at Rotunda please let us know you have parked here and we’ll switch your ticket for one of ours.
- Our ticket will cover you for the length of your stay, so you can park as soon as you arrive in Birmingham. You will have up to 22:00 (10pm) on your departure day to use your ticket, so you can fit in a full business or shopping day.
- Payment for parking is always taken on arrival. We don’t take it in advance, just in case your travel plans change.
- PLEASE NOTE: If you want to use your car during your stay, it may be cheaper to pay-as-you-go.
- Also, the car park closes at midnight and doesn’t reopen until 6am, Monday to Saturday and 8.30am on Sundays. If this doesn’t work for you, do let us know and we’ll help you find an alternative place to park (although we won’t be able to offer any discounted rates).
It is very quick and easy to get to the NEC or Birmingham Airport from Rotunda. There are ten or so trains an hour from Birmingham New Street train station to Birmingham International where the NEC (National Exhibition Centre) and Airport are located. It is a ten minute journey and tickets cost roughly £4 for a single ticket or around £5 for an open return. The Rotunda is a three minute walk to New Street Station and it takes five minutes to walk from Birmingham International to the NEC or Airport – the route is covered so there is no chance of getting wet in inclement weather. In total the trip takes 18 minutes door-to-door.
Types of stay
Yes, we have a special package for families called Cool for Kids which includes a complimentary gift for your children, additional cereals, a popcorn maker as well as a sweet treat. You can add this to your booking when you checkout.
Absolutely, yes our apartment hotel is suitable for business guests. We offer free super fast Wi-Fi, a really comfortable bed, a power shower and all the amenities you would find at home. Check out our business pages for more information.
If you don’t find your answer above or if you have any questions, please contact our friendly Guest Relations team.
Rotunda is perfect for a romantic break in Birmingham. The views are magnificent and both sunrise and sunset can be quite magical and extremely romantic. As we are so high up you can feel as though you are sleeping in the clouds. We have had a lot of proposals at Rotunda – planned and unplanned! Our Penthouses are also a popular choice for couples getting married as the 20th floor balconies make a perfect photo backdrop for pre and post wedding ceremonies.
Staying Cool at Rotunda is a brilliant place to stay if you are planning to visit the 2020 German Christmas Markets in Birmingham. We are located right at the beginning of the market on New Street from where it winds its way up to Victoria Square. And once you have finished the markets you are ideally placed for all the best Christmas shopping and retail experiences in the city: Selfridges, the Bullring and Grand Central as Rotunda forms part of the Bullring estate.
About your stay
We accept all major credit and debit cards including Visa, Mastercard and American Express.
We don’t accept cash on the premises.
But you can pay in advance by BACS or an international bank transfer – just contact us for further information.
Please note all deposits are taken by credit/debit card (verified by chip&pin) at check in.
If you are being dropped off by taxi at Rotunda or wish to unload your luggage, our nearest drop-off point is on Worcester Street (Sat Nav postcode B2 4BB). This is down the side of the Rotunda, in front of the building’s loading area. This part of the road is “access only” but it is perfectly legal to drive up to.
We are spoilt for choice in Birmingham on the food front.
You can eat at any of the 300 plus restaurants and bars in the centre of Birmingham including five Michelin starred restaurants. The Rotunda is your perfect base for a culinary adventure. You can find a list of our favourite places in and around the city in our Dining Out guest guide.
- The closest options are located on Spiceal Street, which is just 100-metres away from your Rotunda apartment hotel. Here you will find the Selfridges Food Hall, Wagamama, Byron, Browns and other well known options.
- Alternatively, with full kitchen facilities in each serviced apartment, why not add some of our fab dining in options when you book? Just give us 24-hours notice before your arrival to ensure we can have everything waiting for you.
Yes we do provide breakfast! We provide complimentary Rude Health muesli and granola, fresh milk, English breakfast tea, coffee, green tea, peppermint tea, hot chocolate and juicing oranges & grapefruits.
Should you wish to rustle up a larger breakfast, add on our dining in extras at the checkout — you’ll find everything from smoked salmon bagels to all the ingredients for a Full English (veggie and vegan options available too).
Yes, of course you can bring your own food. It’s one of the great things about of staying in a serviced apartment. You have so much flexibility and can really make yourself at home. Feel free to bring food with you from home or pop out to one of the local supermarkets or delis in the centre of Birmingham.
Having a well-equipped kitchen in your apartment means that you can eat what you like when you like. You’ll find a small M&S food hall at Grand Central (part of New Street train station) and a larger Sainsbury’s store at 17 Union Street about 250m away. There is a large food hall in the basement of the larger M&S store at 42 High Street and you should also check out the Selfridges Food Hall in the iconic Bullring store. The latter is great for foodie presents too.
We don’t have a bar or restaurant on site but you are spoilt for choice in the neighbouring streets – see our Dining Out guide.
Every apartment also has a brilliant kitchen and you can add fab dining in food and drink options to your booking.
You only need to pack your own clothes and beauty products.
We provide our own range of aromatherapy hand-blended toiletries (shampoo, conditioner, body and hand wash), fluffy white towels and bathrobes.
Your serviced apartment also has an iron, an ironing board and a full-size hair dryer. With all of this and a washing-machine on hand, you can travel light.
We also provide cooking essentials (balsamic vinegar, rapeseed oil, pepper and salt).
About our apartments
You will find a very well stocked kitchen!
Essential ingredients including rapeseed oil, balsamic vinegar and salt and pepper. Plus teas, coffee, hot chocolate, fresh milk, jumbo oats and granola plus oranges and grapefruit for the juicer. Penthouses come with popcorn kernels and a popcorn maker.
From full-size ovens, microwaves and citrus juicers through to mixing bowls and pizza wheels, our apartments come fully stocked with all utensils, crockery and appliances. If you are staying a while and there is an essential piece of cooking equipment that you can’t live without and we don’t supply it we will do our best to get it for you.
We don’t have traditional inter-connecting rooms but all of our Maxi and Penthouse serviced apartments have two en-suite bedrooms. We can also make sure your apartments are directly next door to each other.
We’re a Grade II listed building so alas there is no air conditioning. However the windows open fully and, as we are so high up, there is usually a breeze to keep you cool. The noise that you might hear is your apartment’s air extraction system. This can be boosted using the switch in the hallway.
Staying Cool policies
Yes we do take a security deposit. If you are staying in one of our Maxi or Penthouse apartments (sleeps four), we take a £250-£500 security deposit and for the Mini and all Clubman apartments (sleeps two) £125-£250, at check-in. This is taken as a pre-authorisation (not a payment) on your credit or debit card. This is released on your departure day.
Although banks are brilliant at taking our money straight from our account the moment we make a purchase, when it comes to releasing pre-authorisations they are far less keen. Therefore the pre-authorisation may take a few days to be removed.
You can change or cancel your booking free-of-charge anytime up until 12 noon two days before your arrival date if you have chosen a Pay on Arrival rate. Pay Now rate bookings are non-refundable or exchangeable as the rates are so much cheaper. The best thing to do is to contact us in either case.
Didn’t see what you’re looking for below in our FAQs? Contact us and we’ll get back to you as soon as we can.