Frequently Asked Questions about Staying Cool
What time is check in?
Check-in is at 3pm. However, if you arrive in Birmingham earlier, you are very welcome to drop your bags off with us at Reception at any time after 8am.
What time is check out?
You need to check-out from our Birmingham serviced apartments by noon.
Feel free to leave your bags with us at Reception (available from 8am onwards) for the rest of the day.
Can I have an earlier check-in or later check-out time?
Please get in touch in advance and we'll always do our very best to accommodate you. However, please note that we tend to be fully booked at weekends, so it may not be possible to let you know for certain until the day of arrival.
How do I reach you from the train station?
Our serviced apartments are within a four-minute walk from both New Street and Moor Street Stations.
- From New Street station, once through the ticket barriers follow the signs for Moor Street and Bullring. This route will bring you past the back of our circular building. When at the base of the Rotunda (the large round tower), walk up the steps into the shopping area and follow the tower around to the left, past Zara. We are immediately next door.
- From Moor Street station, cross the road out of the station and turn to your left. You will see a ramp that will take you past Armani Exchange into Rotunda Square. In front of you is Zara. We are next door to Zara (to the right).
Where should I park?
- We don’t have parking on site, but we offer discounted rates of £12.50 per night in any of the Bullring shopping centre's car parks. The closest of these is Bullring Centre car park, which can be accessed on Smallbrook Queensway (Sat Nav/Google Maps postcode B5 4BU).
- On arrival, please let us know you have parked and we’ll switch your ticket for one of ours. Our ticket will cover you for the length your stay, so you can park as soon as you arrive in Birmingham. You will have up to 10pm on your departure day to use your ticket, so you can fit in a full work day or just hit the shops.
- Payment for parking is always taken on arrival. We don’t take it in advance, just in case you change your travel plans.
- Full directions to and from the car park can be found here.
PLEASE NOTE: If you want to use your car during your stay, it may be cheaper to pay-as-you-go. Also, the car park closes at midnight and doesn’t reopen until 6am, Monday to Saturday and 8.30am on Sundays. If this doesn’t work for you, do let us know and we’ll help you find an alternative place to park. However, it won’t be covered by our discounted tickets.
Where can I drop my bags?
If you are being dropped off by taxi or wish to unload your luggage, our nearest drop-off point is on Worcester Street (Sat Nav postcode B2 4BB). This is down the side of the Rotunda.
How do I check in?
- There is a pad to the right of the entrance door for the Rotunda. Please press the button, so that we can let you in. You collect your keys from Reception in the lobby.
- The security tag attached to your key fob will allow you 24-hour access from then on.
- You can check in anytime from 3pm - sometimes earlier - and, of course, you can leave your bags with us at reception anytime from 8am.
- For those of you who took advantage of our Pay Now rate, we need to see the card you used to pay with online, along with photo ID.
- All other bookings must present photo ID and a credit card for payment.
- We are unable to accept cash payments (but you can pay by BACS in advance or on the day - please contact us for details).
What if I am arriving late?
Although the Rotunda is staffed 24/7, our Guest Relations team finishes at 10.00pm. It would be helpful to know if you are arriving after this time, so we can ensure that your check in with our building’s security team is as smooth as possible.
Do you take a security deposit?
If you are staying in one of our Maxi or Penthouse apartments, we take a £250-£500 security deposit and for the Mini and all Clubman apartments £125-£250, at check-in. This is taken as a pre-authorisation on your credit card or charge on your debit card. This is refunded on your departure day. This is standard policy across all hotels.
Where can I eat?
- With over 300 restaurants and bars in the centre of Birmingham including five Michelin starred restaurants, the Rotunda is your perfect base for a culinary adventure. We even have a Dine & Stay package deal with the wonderful Wilderness Restaurant.
- The closest options are located on Spiceal Street, which is just 100-metres away from our serviced apartments.
- With full kitchen facilities in each apartment, why not add some of our fab Food & Drink options to your booking including our Cooking Cool menus? We require at least 24-hours notice before your arrival to ensure we can have everything waiting for you in the apartment.
- You are also very welcome, of course, to shop for food and prepare it in your well-equipped kitchen. You'll find a small M&S food hall at Grand Central (part of New Street train station) and a larger Tesco store at 43-48 New Street (turn left out from the front door of Rotunda). There is a large food hall in the basement of the larger M&S store at 42 High Street and you should also check out the Selfridges Food Hall in the iconic Bullring store. The latter is great for presents.
Do you provide breakfast?
We provide complimentary Rude Health muesli and granola, fresh milk, tea, coffee, green tea, hot chocolate and juicing oranges. Should you wish to rustle up a larger breakfast, check out our Food & Drink extras.
What will I find in the kitchen?
In addition to the above, we also provide olive oil, balsamic vinegar and salt and pepper. From full-size ovens, microwaves and citrus juicers through to mixing bowls and pizza wheels, our apartments come fully stocked with all utensils, crockery and appliances. If you are staying a while and there is an essential piece of cooking equipment that you can't live without and we don't supply it we will do our best to get it for you.
What will I need to pack?
We've written a handy guide to help you: what not to bring to a serviced apartment. We provide our own range of hand-blended toiletries (shampoo, conditioner, body and hand wash), fluffy white towels and bathrobes. Each apartment also has an iron, an ironing board and a full-size hair dryer. With all of this and a washing-machine on hand, you can travel light.
If you don't find your answer above or if you have any questions, please contact our friendly Guest Relations team.