Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Quick FAQ Links
- What time is check in?
- What time is check out?
- Can I have an earlier check-in or later check-out time?
- How do I reach you from the train station?
- Where should I park?
- Where can I drop my bags?
- How do I check in?
- What if I am arriving late?
- Do you take a security deposit?
- Where can I eat?
- Do you provide breakfast?
- Can I bring my own food?
- What will I find in the kitchen?
- What will I need to pack?
- What if I need to cancel or change my booking?
- Do you offer anything special for families?
- Is your apartment hotel suitable for business guests?
What time is check in?
Check-in is at 3pm. However, if you arrive in Birmingham earlier, you are very welcome to drop your bags off with us at Reception at any time after 8am.
What time is check out?
Check-out from our Birmingham serviced apartments is noon.
Feel free to leave your bags with us at Reception (available from 8am onwards) for the rest of the day.
Can I have an earlier check-in or later check-out time?
If you would like an earlier check-in or later check-out time please get in touch in advance and we will do our very best to accommodate you. However, please note that we tend to be fully booked a lot of the time, so it may not be possible to let you know for certain until the day of arrival.
How do I reach you from the train station?
Here are the directions to reach us from both New Street and Moor Street stations. They are both less than a four-minute walk away.
- From New Street station, once through the ticket barriers follow the signs for Moor Street and Bullring. This route will bring you past the back of our circular building which you will spot has Bullring branding across the top (due to Rotunda being part of the Bullring estate), this is Rotunda. When at the base of the building (the large round tower), walk up the steps into the public space area and follow the tower around to the left, past Zara. We are immediately next door.
- From Moor Street station, cross the road out of the station and turn to your left. You will see a ramp that will take you past Armani Exchange into Rotunda Square. In front of you is Zara. We are next door to Zara (to the right).
Where should I park?
- We don’t have parking on site, but we offer discounted rates of £15.00 per night in any of the Bullring shopping centre's car parks. The closest of these is Bullring Centre car park, which can be accessed on Smallbrook Queensway (Sat Nav/Google Maps postcode B5 4BU).
- On arrival, please let us know you have parked and we’ll switch your ticket for one of ours. Our ticket will cover you for the length your stay, so you can park as soon as you arrive in Birmingham. You will have up to 10pm on your departure day to use your ticket, so you can fit in a full work day or just hit the shops.
- Payment for parking is always taken on arrival. We don’t take it in advance, just in case your travel plans change.
- Full directions to and from the car park can be found here.
- PLEASE NOTE: If you want to use your car during your stay, it may be cheaper to pay-as-you-go. Also, the car park closes at midnight and doesn’t reopen until 6am, Monday to Saturday and 8.30am on Sundays. If this doesn’t work for you, do let us know and we’ll help you find an alternative place to park (although we won’t be able to offer any discounted rates).
Where can I drop my bags?
If you are being dropped off by taxi or wish to unload your luggage, our nearest drop-off point is on Worcester Street (Sat Nav postcode B2 4BB). This is down the side of the Rotunda. This part of the road is access only but it is perfectly legal to drive up.
How do I check in?
- To check in you first need to enter the building. There is a pad to the right of the entrance door for the Rotunda. Please press the bell button, so that we can let you in. You collect your keys from Reception in the lobby.
- The security tag attached to your key fob will allow you 24-hour access from then on.
- You can check in anytime from 3pm - sometimes earlier - and, of course, you can leave your bags with us at reception anytime from 8am.
- For those of you who took advantage of our Pay Now rate, we need to see the card you used to pay with online, along with photo ID.
- All other bookings must present photo ID and a credit card for payment.
- We are unable to accept cash payments (but you can pay by BACS in advance or on the day or indeed take cash to a bank and pay it into our account - please contact us for details).
What if I am arriving late?
If you are arriving late, although the Rotunda is staffed 24/7, our Guest Relations team finishes at 10.00pm. It would be helpful to know if you are arriving after this time, so we can ensure that your check in with our building’s security team is as smooth as possible.
Do you take a security deposit?
Yes we do take a security deposit. If you are staying in one of our Maxi or Penthouse apartments, we take a £250-£500 security deposit and for the Mini and all Clubman apartments £125-£250, at check-in. This is taken as a pre-authorisation on your credit card or charge on your debit card. This is refunded on your departure day. This is standard policy across all hotels.
Where can I eat?
- You can eat at any of the 300 plus restaurants and bars in the centre of Birmingham including five Michelin starred restaurants. The Rotunda is your perfect base for a culinary adventure. We even have a Dine & Stay package deal with the wonderful Wilderness Restaurant.
- The closest options are located on Spiceal Street, which is just 100-metres away from our apartment hotel. Here you will find Selfridges Food Hall, Jamies Italian, Wagaamama and other options.
- With full kitchen facilities in each apartment, why not add some of our fab Food & Drink options to your booking including our Cooking Cool menus? We need 24-hours notice before your arrival to ensure we can have everything waiting for you in the apartment.
Do you provide breakfast?
Yes! We provide complimentary Rude Health muesli and granola, fresh milk, tea, coffee, green tea, hot chocolate and juicing oranges. Should you wish to rustle up a larger breakfast, check out our Food & Drink extras where you'll find smoked salmon bagels and all the ingredients for a Full English.
Can I bring my own food?
- Yes, of course you can bring your own food. It's one of the great things about of staying in one of our serviced apartments. You have so much flexibility and can really make yourself at home. Feel free to bring food with you from home or pop out to one of the local supermarkets or delis in the centre of Birmingham.
- Having a well-equipped kitchen in your apartment means that you can eat what you like when you like. You'll find a small M&S food hall at Grand Central (part of New Street train station) and a larger Sainsbury's store at 17 Union Street about 250m away. There is a large food hall in the basement of the larger M&S store at 42 High Street and you should also check out the Selfridges Food Hall in the iconic Bullring store. The latter is great for presents.
What will I find in the kitchen?
You will find a very well stocked kitchen. In addition to the above, we also provide olive oil, balsamic vinegar and salt and pepper. From full-size ovens, microwaves and citrus juicers through to mixing bowls and pizza wheels, our apartments come fully stocked with all utensils, crockery and appliances. If you are staying a while and there is an essential piece of cooking equipment that you can't live without and we don't supply it we will do our best to get it for you.
Do you have any inter-connecting rooms?
We don’t have traditional inter-connecting rooms but all of our Maxi and Penthouse serviced apartments have two en-suite bedrooms. We can also make sure your apartments are directly next door to each other.
What will I need to pack?
We've written a handy guide to help you work out what you need to pack called what not to bring to a serviced apartment. We provide our own range of hand-blended toiletries (shampoo, conditioner, body and hand wash), fluffy white towels and bathrobes. Each apartment also has an iron, an ironing board and a full-size hair dryer. With all of this and a washing-machine on hand, you can travel light.
What if I need to cancel or change my booking?
You can change or cancel (Pay on Arrival rates only) your booking free-of-charge anytime up until 12 noon two days before your arrival date. The best thing to do is to contact us.
Do you offer anything special for families?
Yes we have a special package for families called Cool for Kids which includes a complimentary gift for your children, additional cereals, a popcorn maker as well as a sweet treat. Full details are provided here.
Is your apartment hotel suitable for business guests?
Absolutely yes our apartment hotel is suitable for business guests. We offer free super fast Wi-Fi, a really comfortable bed, a power shower and all the amenities you would find at home. Check out our business pages for more information.
If you don't find your answer above or if you have any questions, please contact our friendly Guest Relations team.