May 2022: We are really looking forward to welcoming you to Rotunda. Although the government has lifted all Covid-related restrictions, we re still working hard to make your stay as safe and “Covid-Secure” as possible. We are quality assessed by both the AA’s Visit England scheme and ISAAP to give you added peace of mind. Our aim has always been to strike a balance between safety and normality.
All our Rotunda communal areas are spacious and social distancing is very easy. Our team is no longer wearing masks. The only area where you may want to consider wearing one is in the lift although the air changes regularly inside the cabin.
Our fantastic housekeeping team has always received consistently high scores of over 90%. These are reflected in our annual assessments by the AA, on behalf of Visit England as well as ISAAP, the serviced apartment industry quality and compliance body. Our guests also rate our cleaning at over 90% on review sites such as TripAdvisor.
We have added further levels of sanitisation to our already stringent cleaning protocols:
- Deeper cleaning in between every guest stay eg double cleaning of high touch points, vacuuming (or Dysoning!) carpets twice
- Touch-free hand sanitiser at reception for staff and guests
- Sanitisation of all items passed between Guest Relations and you
We haven’t forgotten our green principles either as our germ-killing cleaning enzymes and ionised water are great for the environment too.
Minimal physical contact continues
We’ve tried to reduce the amount of physical contact needed between our team and you, our lovely guests, as much as possible. You can check-in and check-out on-line although you will need to collect keys and go through a few small bits on arrival.
All the information you will need during your stay is available via our website. Payment will be taken ahead of your stay but you will need to bring the credit or debit card used to book, along with a form of ID such as a driver’s licence or passport. We will send out a detailed pre-arrival email up to 72 hours before your check-in. And it goes without saying that you can still contact reception either by phone, email or in person.
Our team is in the process of being vaccinated in line with the UK programme and in the meantime anyone showing any Covid symptoms is taking a lateral flow test before they come into work.
“We had a great time in this hotel, room very nice, clean with a beautiful view, great location right in the centre. We highly recommend.” Natalia, stayed in a Mini (studio). Reviewed on booking.com but if you book direct via this website you will save at least 10% on the room price!
We have removed social distancing markings across the building except in lifts as there is plenty of space and the areas are light and airy.
Flexible cancellation policies
You have two choices when you book: a prepay non-refundable rate and a flexible cancellation rate. For the latter, you can cancel up to noon the day before and no monies will be taken until 12 noon the day before you check-in (except for special event bookings eg Wilderness Dining Evenings). Therefore, if you need to change your travel plans, then you can cancel with confidence.
Seven reasons why Staying Cool’s Birmingham Aparthotel is a great and safe place to stay
- By their very nature, serviced apartments and apathotels are more individualistic. Guests are completely self-contained and more distant than in a hotel with no communal areas to loiter in. At Rotunda our core areas on each floor are round and the reception is wide so there is little chance of having to stand cheek by jowel.
- You can live in your apartment without having to go out for as long as you need. You have a fully-equipped kitchen, we have recipes from our Cooking Cool archive to inspire you, and food can easily be delivered to your apartment. We can recommend all the best places for dinner and shopping. Four supermarkets and Selfridges Food Hall are within a 300 metre walk.
- Each apartment comes with its own cleaning supplies.
- We have washing machines and dryers so you can wash your own clothes. You can of course wash your own linens if you prefer too. Otherwise, we will change them!
- If you need to work during your stay you have free super fast and secure Wi-Fi, a table or desk and plenty of space to pace about while on calls.
- Some of our guests say that the views themselves, with the breathtaking floor-to-ceiling windows, provide 24 hour in-room entertainment in themselves. But you also have the space to relax and watch a film or TV.
- The apartment windows open fully providing good ventilation and allowing a regular supply of fresh air. We do not have air conditioning.
Read more about our company ethos.
Rotunda is perfectly located to access all that Birmingham has to offer, Retail Birmingham is the best place to check out opening hours for shops, restaurants and bars.
Latest from the Blog
Public Art in Birmingham
Guest blogger and Birmingham arts writer Rosie Crabbe tells us about her favourite public art in Birmingham, many of which you’ll find just yards from us at Rotunda.
Where to stay for Birmingham Cocktail Weekend – Guest Blog
As part of our partnership with BCW 2022, Director Alex Nicholson-Evans came to visit as a guest blogger. Here’s what she had to say…
Staying Cool Workspaces
Working from home (or the office) can be great. But sometimes you just need to work or host a meeting from somewhere extraordinary.
Here are our ten reasons why you should book Staying Cool’s meeting rooms (and workspaces) in Birmingham.