22 August 2020: We are really looking forward to welcoming you to Rotunda We have tried to make your stay as safe and “Covid-Secure” as possible. We have signed up with Visit Britain’s We’re Good to Go scheme to give you added peace of mind. Our aim has been to strike a balance between safety and normality.
Our fantastic housekeeping team has always received consistently high scores of over 90%. These are reflected in our annual assessments by the AA, on behalf of Visit England as well as iSAAP, the serviced apartment industry quality and compliance body. Our guests also rate our cleaning at over 90% on review sites such as TripAdvisor.
We have added further levels of sanitisation to our already stringent cleaning protocols:
- Deep cleaning in between every guest stay
- Additional regular cleaning of communal areas and identified touch points
- Touch-free hand sanitiser throughout the building for staff and guests
Our long-standing environmentally-friendly cleaning enzymes and ionised water are perfect for the job too.
Minimal physical contact
We’ve tried to reduce the amount of physical contact needed between our team and you, our lovely guests, as much as possible. You can check-in and check-out on-line and all the information you will need during your stay is available via our website or our app. Payment will be taken ahead of your stay but you will need to bring the credit or debit card used to book, along with a form of ID such as a driver’s licence or passport. We will send out a detailed pre-arrival email 72 hours before your check-in. And it goes without saying that you can still contact reception either by phone or in person, where social distancing rules will be in play.
“The receptionist was very pleasant, informative and exceptionally helpful. He made the new norm very safe and efficient for us. Will definitely recommend Rotunda for its amazing staff and incredible views.” Joyln August 2020, stayed in a Mini (studio). Reviewed on booking.com but if you book direct via this website you will save at least 5%.
We have introduced social distancing in line with the government’s recommended 1-2 metre limits across the building: at reception during check-in and check-out, while using lifts and in communal areas. The government is encouraging guests to wear face masks while in communal areas in serviced accommodation.
Flexible cancellation policies
You have two choices when you book: to a non-refundable rate and a flexible cancellation rate. For the latter, we’ve reduced our cancellation policy to 24 hours and no monies will be taken until 12 noon the day before you check-in (except for special event bookings eg Wilderness Staycation Nights). If you need to change your travel plans, or if a second lockdown is imposed, then you can cancel with confidence.
Seven reasons why Staying Cool at Rotunda is a great and safe place to stay
- By their very nature, serviced apartments are more individualistic. Guests are completely self-contained and more distant than in a hotel with no communal areas. At Rotunda our core areas on each floor are round and the reception is wide so there is little chance of breaking distancing rules.
- You can live in your apartment without having to go out for as long as you need. You have a fully-equipped kitchen, we have recipes from our Cooking Cool archive to inspire you, and food can easily be delivered to your apartment. We can recommend all the best places for dinner and shopping. Four supermarkets and food halls are open and within a 300 metre walk.
- Each apartment comes with its own cleaning supplies
- We have washing machines and dryers so you can wash your own clothes after you have been outside and/or your own linens if you prefer.
- If you need to work during your stay you have free super fast Wi-Fi, a table or desk and plenty of space to pace about while on calls.
- Some of our guests say that the views themselves, from the breathtaking floor-to-ceiling windows, are 24 hour in-room entertainment in themselves. But you also have the space to relax and watch a film or TV.
- The apartment windows open fully allowing a regular supply of fresh air. We do not have air conditioning.
Read more about our company ethos.
Rotunda is perfectly located to access all that Birmingham has to offer, Retail Birmingham is the best place to check out which shops, restaurants and bars are open post lockdown.
Latest from the Blog
Wilderness Private Dining Nights at Rotunda
Foodie staycations at Rotunda We’ve teamed up with long-time friend Alex Claridge, chef-owner of the acclaimed 3 AA Rosette restaurant The Wilderness in Birmingham to bring you a series of high-end foodie staycations. We paired Alex’s provocative dining experience with the sleek and stylish interiors of our iconic Rotunda serviced apartments to create the ultimate […]
5 Must-See Brutalist Birmingham Buildings
Brutalist Birmingham focuses on the UK’s second city. Which Brutalist buildings from Birmingham’s post-war boom have survived and which have been lost?
What Is A Serviced Apartment?
What is a serviced apartment? Here’s what to expect from us.