July 2021: We are really looking forward to welcoming you to Rotunda. We have worked hard over the past 12 months to make your stay as safe and “Covid-Secure” as possible. We have signed up with Visit Britain’s We’re Good to Go and Safe Travels scheme plus we are quality assessed by both the AA’s Visit England scheme and ISAAP to give you added peace of mind. Our aim has been to strike a balance between safety and normality.
Although the government has now relaxed restrictions we have are keeping our existing Covid precautions in place to protect you our guests and our team.
We encourage residents and guests to continue to wear masks in communal parts of the building, and particularly in small spaces such as lifts, although we acknowledge this is no longer mandatory and it is personal choice.
Our fantastic housekeeping team has always received consistently high scores of over 90%. These are reflected in our annual assessments by the AA, on behalf of Visit England as well as ISAAP, the serviced apartment industry quality and compliance body. Our guests also rate our cleaning at over 90% on review sites such as TripAdvisor.
We have added further levels of sanitisation to our already stringent cleaning protocols:
- Deep cleaning in between every guest stay eg double cleaning of high touch points, vacuuming (or Dysoning!) carpets twice
- Additional daily cleaning of communal areas and identified touch points
- Touch-free hand sanitiser throughout the building for staff and guests
- Sanitisation of all items passed between Guest Relations and you
We haven’t forgotten our green principles either as our germ-killing cleaning enzymes and ionised water are great for the environment too.
Minimal physical contact
We’ve tried to reduce the amount of physical contact needed between our team and you, our lovely guests, as much as possible. You can check-in and check-out on-line and all the information you will need during your stay is available via our website or our app. Payment will be taken ahead of your stay but you will need to bring the credit or debit card used to book, along with a form of ID such as a driver’s licence or passport. We will send out a detailed pre-arrival email up to 72 hours before your check-in. And it goes without saying that you can still contact reception either by phone, email or in person, where social distancing rules will be in play.
Our team is in the process of being vaccinated in line with the UK programme and in the meantime everyone is taking a lateral flow test twice a week as an added precaution.
“The receptionist was very pleasant, informative and exceptionally helpful. He made the new norm very safe and efficient for us. Will definitely recommend Rotunda for its amazing staff and incredible views.” Joyln August 2020, stayed in a Mini (studio). Reviewed on booking.com but if you book direct via this website you will save at least 10% on the room price!
We have retained social distancing markings in line with the government’s recommended 1-2 metre limits across the building: at reception during check-in and check-out, while using lifts and in communal areas. We will continue to wear masks. We also temperature-check all team members on arrival as an added precaution.
Flexible cancellation policies
You have two choices when you book: a prepay non-refundable rate and a flexible cancellation rate. For the latter, we’ve reduced our cancellation policy to 24 hours and no monies will be taken until 12 noon the day before you check-in (except for special event bookings eg Wilderness Dining Evenings. Therefore, if you need to change your travel plans, then you can cancel with confidence.
Seven reasons why Staying Cool’s Birmingham Aparthotel is a great and safe place to stay
- By their very nature, serviced apartments and apathotels are more individualistic. Guests are completely self-contained and more distant than in a hotel with no communal areas to loiter in. At Rotunda our core areas on each floor are round and the reception is wide so there is little chance of breaking distancing rules.
- You can live in your apartment without having to go out for as long as you need. You have a fully-equipped kitchen, we have recipes from our Cooking Cool archive to inspire you, and food can easily be delivered to your apartment. We can recommend all the best places for dinner and shopping. Four supermarkets and Selfridges Food Hall are within a 300 metre walk.
- Each apartment comes with its own cleaning supplies.
- We have washing machines and dryers so you can wash your own clothes after you have been outside. You can of course wash your own linens if you prefer too. Otherwise, we will change them!
- If you need to work during your stay you have free super fast and secure Wi-Fi, a table or desk and plenty of space to pace about while on calls.
- Some of our guests say that the views themselves, from the breathtaking floor-to-ceiling windows, provide 24 hour in-room entertainment in themselves. But you also have the space to relax and watch a film or TV.
- The apartment windows open fully allowing a regular supply of fresh air. We do not have air conditioning.
Read more about our company ethos.
Rotunda is perfectly located to access all that Birmingham has to offer, Retail Birmingham is the best place to check out opening hours for shops, restaurants and bars.
Latest from the Blog
Afternoon Tea & Other Sweet Treats
Four-course afternoon tea with stunning views, made by local award-winning independent patissier Howing Lai. Delicious. Salivating yet?
5 Must-See Brutalist Birmingham Buildings
Brutalist Birmingham focuses on the UK’s second city. Which Brutalist buildings from Birmingham’s post-war boom have survived and which have been lost?
What Is A Serviced Apartment?
What is a serviced apartment? Here’s what to expect from us.