Serviced Apartments Vs Hotels
At Staying Cool, we aim to take the the best of hotels (with a focus on design, great service and a non-corporate, funky feel) and combine that with the space and privacy of apartments. Therefore, we were delighted that our penthouses were featured in a recent article on super luxury hotel suites in Birmingham.
Staying Cool at the Rotunda is not a hotel. It is sometimes described as an aparthotel, but we tend to use serviced apartments to describe what we do.
What can you expect as a guest if you've never stayed with Staying Cool before? Here are five things to get started:
1. You'll be well looked after. Making guests happy is at the heart of everything we do and we've won awards for our customer service. We are founts of local knowledge and happy to help with advice on the best places to go in the city, restaurant recommendations/bookings and so on. Your very own concierge service in fact.
2. Travel light. We've thought long and hard about what might make your life easier. Towelling robes and towels? Check. Toiletries? Check. 'Proper' hairdryer? Check. Olive oil? Check. Balsamic vinegar? Check. We could go on for quite some time on this topic...
3. We want you to feel at home in your apartment, so we've installed a top-of-the-range Sky TV package plus fast, reliable Wi-Fi. These are free to use for the whole of your stay. You'll also have your very own washing machine, iron and ironing board if you get the urge to use them.
4. This is self catering, but only in a culinary sense. Your (extremely comfortable, king-size) bed will be made up for you before you arrive and you don't need to clean or tidy a thing before you check out.
5. Bed hair? You can enjoy breakfast in the privacy of your own apartment whenever you roll out of bed. We'll stock your apartment with complimentary extras such as Rude Health cereals, fresh milk, squeezing oranges and excellent tea and coffee. You can also pre-order breakfast packs from our Food and Drink list if you would like something different and a Full English is very do-able.
So…Staying Cool at the Rotunda is not a hotel, but we are currently number one on TripAdvisor for hotels in Birmingham (as of 14/9/15). We'd love you to come and stay.