Self Catering Accommodation In Birmingham
Banish boredom! Taking a family holiday in Birmingham can be great fun - no matter what the British weather is doing. And staying right in the heart of the city means that you have brilliant entertainment right on your doorstep.
Stylish family-friendly serviced apartments, with self catering
- You have a choice of serviced apartments – from ground floor with outdoor terraces (one boasts a full-size cow sculpture!) to staying 20 storeys up with sweeping city views.
- No-stress mealtimes. Having a well-equipped kitchen makes self catering and rustling up a bowl of pasta is as easy as it is at home. Want a break from cooking? You'll find oodles of family-friendly restaurants on the doorstep.
- You’ll find your serviced apartment to be super practical. From warming bottles in the microwave, making an espresso in your Illy machine, to putting a quick load in the washer/dryer, you have all the comforts of home in a beautifully designed apartment.
- There’s plenty of room for everyone to sit comfortably and relax after a fun packed day out in the city. It's so much more relaxing than squashing into a family hotel room.
- Our Clubman, Olympian, Maxi and Penthouse serviced apartments have separate bedrooms, which means that when the small people sleep, you can enjoy the rest of your evening with a glass of fizz (or a cup of complimentary hot chocolate!) taking in the rooftop views of the city.
- Your Birmingham family short stay will also be great value. Rates are per apartment, not per person, and there are no hidden extras to pay for unlike other Birmingham family hotels.
- We won’t ask you to pay for travel cots or high chairs or tempt your teens with expensive drinks from mini bars.
- Our complimentary Cool for Kids package with free gifts and goodies always gets things off to a swinging start.
- Need to recharge? Pop back any time to your apartment with the kids and grab a bite to eat, play some board games (supplied), watch Sky TV (free) or take a nap – you choose.
An optional (free) daily maid service means that you can come back to a spick and span apartment at the end of your fun day out – after all, you are on holiday…
The perfect location
We’re located right in the city centre and that makes Birmingham family heaven. You’ll find museums, cinemas, art galleries, shops and numerous things to do in Birmingham for children.
If you do want to eat out, there are plenty of child friendly restaurants a hop, skip and a jump away. However if you decide you prefer to eat in, each of our Birmingham serviced apartments has a fully equipped kitchen and dining area.
Staying Cool's Concierge Service
Our friendly and helpful team at Rotunda love having children and families to stay and will happily give you advice. If you want to find the best child friendly restaurants Birmingham has to offer - or the top things to do in Birmingham for children - then we’d be delighted to help you explore this great city.
Combining the vibrancy of the city with Staying Cool style can really give you one of your best ever UK breaks. We've looked after 1,500+ families at our Birmingham serviced apartments over the past eight years. Children, parents and grandparents alike think Rotunda is a great family friendly place to stay and so do the media...
What the papers say
"Families with a taste for design can upgrade to Staying Cool at the Rotunda. Upscale amenities include organic breakfasts, an espresso machine and orange juicer." Frommer's
"As the kids did their thing...and then fell exhaustedly into their beds, we were able to sit and relax over a bottle of wine as the sun set and then the lights of the metropolis winked into life all around us." Takethefamily.com
"Someone has put a lot of thought into making the stay a wonderful experience for guests, and it shows." Made for Mums
Things to do in Birmingham
Looking to find out more about things to do in Birmingham for children? Check out our guide of what to see and do in the city. There is plenty of Birmingham family fun for everyone - including the famous Cadbury World (our concierge desk can point you in the right direction for discounted tickets).
Some recommendations from the team at Staying Cool include…
- Visit the city's amazing new library. This stunning building (both inside and out) has plenty to keep the whole family entertained.
- Check out ThinkTank, Birmingham's utterly fabulous science museum.
- Impress cool teens by taking them for a mooch around The Custard Factory. Birmingham's creative and digital quarter offers vintage shops, cafés and much more.
- Enjoy the ultimate stress-free shopping trip. With such a great location in the centre of Birmingham, our serviced apartments are truly a shopper’s paradise. You have the mighty Bullring and Birmingham Grand Central shopping centres next door, and an extensive range of shops and boutiques at your doorstep, so enjoy some retail therapy within a stone’s throw of some well-deserved relaxation back at your apartment.
- Take an easy day trip to nearby Stratford-upon-Avon and indulge yourselves in all things Shakespeare. In the summer months, you can even travel there and back by steam train.
Visit Birmingham also has a dedicated section of their website for families, highlighting a great range of ideas and suggestions to keep children of all ages entertained throughout their stay. As mentioned in the ‘Take the Family’ review:
"Britain’s second largest city may not be the first place to leap to mind as a city-break destination, but Birmingham is in fact a great spot to bring kids…"
Put Staying Cool ‘s serviced apartments in Birmingham on your list of family friendly holidays in the UK.