Banish boredom! Taking a family holiday in Birmingham is fun (no matter what the British weather is doing). Staying right at the heart of the city puts brilliant entertainment on your doorstep. Need to recharge? Pop back to your apartments with the kids and grab a bit to eat, play board games (provided), watch TV or take a nap.
- Eat in if you don't want to go out – every apartment has a fully equipped kitchen and dining area
Super practical. Warm bottles in the microwave, make an espresso in your Gaggia, put a load in the washer/dryer - all while enjoying the views
Our apartments are seriously stylish. Staying in while your small people sleep is a pleasure not a chore
- We’re right at the heart of town and that makes Birmingham family heaven. You’ll have museums, cinemas, art galleries and shops right on your doorstep. And, if you do want to eat out there are plenty of child friendly restaurants on your doorstep
- The optional daily maid service means you don't have to clean up before you go out for the day
- The apartments are designed not just for sleeping but for living in. Everyone can sit comfortably and spread out
- Our complimentary Cool for Kids package makes a great start to your trip
- Rates are per apartment not per person and there are no hidden extras to pay for. We won’t ask you to pay for travel cots or high chairs or tempt your teens with expensive sodas from mini bars
Our friendly and helpful team at Rotunda love having kids to stay and will happily give you advice. Want to find the best child friendly restaurants Birmingham has to offer? Or the top family things to do in Birmingham? We’ll be delighted to help you to discover the best family leisure Birmingham has to offer.
Combining the vibrancy of the city with the style of Staying Cool could give you one of your best ever UK breaks.
We've looked after 1,000+ families at our holiday apartments Birmingham over the past six years. Children, parents and grandparents alike think Rotunda is a very family friendly place to stay and so do the media...
"Families with a taste for design can upgrade to Staying Cool at the Rotunda. Upscale amenities include organic breakfasts, an espresso machine and orange juicer." Frommer's
"As the kids did their thing...and then fell exhaustedly into their beds, we were able to sit and relax over a bottle of wine as the sun set and then the lights of the metropolis winked into life all around us." Takethefamily.com
"Someone has put a lot of thought into making the stay a wonderful experience for guests, and it shows." Made for Mums
What to do in Birmingham with kids?
Check out our guide of what to see and do in the city - there really is plenty of Birmingham family fun for everyone - including the world famous Cadbury World (and we've got discount tickets at reception).
Staying Cool recommends that you...
Visit the city's amazing new library. There's plenty to fascinate kids in this beautiful, welcoming space and lots of outdoor space too.
Check out ThinkTank, Birmingham's utterly fabulous science museum.
Impress cool teens by taking them for a mooch around The Custard Factory. Birmingham's creative and digital quarter offers vintage shops, cafés and much more.
Enjoy the ultimate stress free shopping trip. We are right at the heart of the city and Birmingham has a brilliant range of shops. We are right next to the mighty Bullring. Shop and then enjoy some well-deserved relaxation back at your apartment.
Take an easy day trip to nearby Stratford-upon-Avon and indulge yourselves in all things Shakespeare. In the summer months, you can even travel there and back by steam train!
Visit Birmingham has a whole site dedicated to the pleasure of visiting families. As Take the Family's reviewer wrote, "Birmingham may not be the first place to leap to mind as a city-break destination, but it is in fact a great spot to bring kids." Put Staying Cool in Birmingham on your list of family friendly holidays UK!