Shopping in Birmingham
Combine a trip to Birmingham with a Staying Cool serviced apartment and you could not be more centrally located for shopping in Birmingham. Zara is actually on our ground floor! Rotunda is located right in the heart of the city centre, surrounded by shops, within the Bullring shopping area and next door to the swanky new Grand Central. The Mailbox is only a hop, skip and a jump away too. Staying in one of our stylish apartments for your Birmingham city break makes shopping in Birmingham a real pleasure.
Six reasons why a Staying Cool at the Rotunda serviced apartment is the best option for your Birmingham shopping trip
- You are located right in the heart of one of the biggest shopping areas in Europe. Big brands, high street stores as well as independent shops and markets nestle side by side.
- There are over 1,000 shops on your doorstep. Will a weekend Birmingham city break be long enough..?!
- You can drop your bags off while you shop. Leave them at reception and we’ll take them up to your apartment for you.
- After a long day of shopping, a chic serviced apartment in Birmingham is the perfect place to recharge your batteries. Unwind with a cup of tea or a glass of champagne
- Another great thing about being located so centrally is that you can enjoy the shops in the evening right up to closing time, when most people have headed home. This means that you can enjoy a leisurely lie-in at the apartment, and not have to rush out to beat the crowds.
- If outlet shopping appeals then you are only a three-minute walk from Moor Street Station for a one hour train journey to Bicester NorthforBicester Village.
Shops in Birmingham
Shopping in Birmingham has so much to offer in the way of retail therapy from high-end fashion to funky independent stores. From big name brands to small independents and markets, Birmingham has it all.
This stunning city has beautiful streets, squares, stores and is one of the UK's top destinations for retail therapy. Whether you're after clothing, jewellery, shoes, accessories or home wares, it's all here in Birmingham.
Here is a list of Birmingham’s main shopping centres. Check out our Shopping in Birmingham blog post for the full breakdown on individual shops. Opening hours vary throughout the year so either email [email protected] or visit the centres’ websites directly
Bullring has over 160 stylish shops for you to explore including Apple, Debenhams, Selfridges and Zara (and they're right outside our front door at Rotunda).
Selfridges Birmingham is all that you would expect from such an amazing store and the space-age exterior is seriously photogenic.
The Mailbox was once the site of the Royal Mail's main sorting office for Birmingham. It now plays host to a sprawling Harvey Nichols with a great spa and salon. The Mailbox is fantastic for dining or enjoying a cocktail, as it has a wealth of bars and restaurants, many of which sit right on the canal.
Grand Central is a hot new destination for shopping and eating out in Birmingham. It includes John Lewis's biggest store outside London. Grand Central is just a couple of minutes away from our apartments. We're very excited about our new neighbours.
Birmingham's Jewellery Quarter is the UK's jewellery hub. It's home to some wonderful designers and is an excellent place to head for if jewellery is your passion.
Looking for something unique? Head down to The Custard Factory to discover Birmingham's seriously cool, designer side. The Great Western Arcade is an architectural gem with lots of excellent independent retailers, cafes and restaurants (we love Loki).